Sunday 28 July 2013

My New Obsession

I got my first chance to use one of my newest Gelicure colours yesterday and make my first nail repair. Very pleased with both.

Nubar Gelicure 'My New Obsession'

This blue looks great dressed up for a night out or when you are dressed casually in your denims or summer shorts and dresses. It can also be made darker by layering a darker Gelicure colour like 'Aubergine' or 'Black' underneath. A coat of 'Electric Touch' over the top makes it shimmery.

Before my client arrived I received a call to say that one of her nails had split horizontally towards the middle. This gave me a chance to try and repair it using nail glue and a teabag. I wasn't holding up much hope but the result was amazing and the client said it had stopped hurting too. I had visions of being able to see the patch where the teabag had been placed over the break but after blending it in with my Sand Turtle file it was invisible.

The repaired nail. The split is from the right hand side towards the cente just where the nail joins the nailbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment